ABOUT the EVENT
This is the first of a series of events organized by the SMARTA consortium and will focus on showcasing innovative, tested solutions from European rural areas, as well as on the analysis of the elements that drive successful rural mobility initiatives, ranging from social aspects, policy, financing to ICT solutions.
The scope of this event is to bring together mobility stakeholders to hear, discuss and provide their perspectives and recommendations on the current situation of rural mobility in Europe. This will be done by verifying, validating and consolidating the findings and analysis performed in the SMARTA project so far.
The workshop will host a series of plenary sessions where the major aspects on rural mobility will be presented and discussed and in several break-out sessions where the participants could go in-depth with the discussions on the Workshop themes.
Download the Workshop Agenda.
30 January 2019
Introduction in Sustainable shared mobility interconnected with public transport in European rural areas
Rural mobility in Europe – today’s reality
- The SMARTA approach – Giorgio Ambrosino, MemEx
- How rural societies are changing? – Laurie Pickup, Vectos
- The Smart Villages initiative – revitalising rural areas through social and digital innovation – Paul Soto, ENRD
- The Smart Villages initiative – video
- Mobility solutions for rural areas facing demographic change – experience from the MAMBA project – Vizma Ļeonova, MAMBA project
- The current state of play in the organization of rural mobility across Europe and selected third countries: a SMARTA perspective – Mark Beecroft, UNIABDN
31 January 2019
Rural Mobility in Europe
Rural mobility in Europe – policies and emerging practice
Towards a more accessible and inclusive rural mobility: emerging initiatives across Europe:
- Towards 1.000 mobihubs in Flanders in 2025 – Angelo Meuleman, Taxistop
- Improving Rural Mobility in The Cairngorms National Park, the INCLUSION pilot in Scotland (U.K.) – Pasquale Cancellara, Polis Network
- Compact Overview: Opportunities and Challenges of Autonomous Vehicles Serving Rural Regions – Arnd Bätzner, Mobility CarSharing
- Rumobil – Rural Mobility in European Regions – Andrea Burzacchini, aMo
- Tuscany Region and rural mobility – Antonella Pollazzi, Tuscany Region
- Carsharing in rural areas: it’s all about combining forces! – Jeffrey Matthijs, Autodelen.net
- HiReach fieldwork activities in rural and remote areas – Cosimo Chiffi, TRT
- Developing an Evaluation Framework that can give guidance and answers to policy-makers, authorities and practitioners – Dirk Engels, Transport & Mobility Leuven
- An overview of SMARTA identified good practice in rural mobility – Richard Mounce, UNIABDN